Set in a private 5 acre corner of the Sylvan Glen Country Estate, Scribbly Cottage sits on a ridge between the golf course and a neighbouring vineyard. The 320 sqm house sits surrounded by mature gardens and native Scribbly gum trees and has been thoughtfully designed to provide a high quality and memorable self-contained stay. It is close enough to Sylvan Glen to walk for a game of golf or a coffee but operates separately and both are private from each other.
It’s the perfect venue for families up to 20, golf groups, small conferences, sensible bucks and hens groups and intimate celebrations. The village of Penrose is 1 1/2 hours from either Sydney or Canberra, 10 minutes off the Hume highway and a 30 minute scenic drive to Bowral via Bundanoon and Moss Vale
Its many inclusions and features include:
3 large queen bedrooms each with shower en-suite with space for a cot or roll out bed,1 double room with bath and shower en-suite, with a king bed in one room and two king single beds in the other 1 Bunkhouse attached to the main residence complete with 8 single beds in bunk layout and a sofa bed, with basin vanity and separate Lavatory – perfect for kids or adults who don’t snore! Large dining room with table to seat 20 plus smaller dining room Fully equipped country kitchen with lots of bench prep space, gas top and electric oven, 2 large fridges, glass washer etc Complimentary passes for up to 20 guests each day to play Sylvan Glen’s 9 hole golf course and Footgolf course Fireplace and firewood both indoor and out Air-conditioning in living and dining rooms including the bunkhouse plus fans/heaters in the bedrooms Games room with table tennis, surround sound cinema and projector for movies and classic Nintendo and playstation consoles with games to relive the 90’s! Quality 6 burner BBQ and pizza oven Loads of space for bikes including storage, our own 3 km bike track and don’t forget Penrose and Wingello state forests are only 5 mins bike ride away Children’s play area complete with laddered cubby house and deck, lots of lego, large netted trampoline, slide and tyre swing Two covered decks perfect for after lunch wine and chat plus WiFi and Netflix
Exclusive weekend hire of Scribbly Cottage from 1pm Friday until a wonderfully late checkout at 2pm on Sunday, is $3,300. Those able to get away mid-week, from Monday to Thursday pay $1,100 per night (min two nights). Check with us about any dates that fall on school and public holidays. Rates are GST inclusive.
Booking terms and conditions
DEPOSIT 1. A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total booking value must be received to confirm the booking. Payment of this deposit will indicate acceptance of these booking conditions.
FINAL PAYMENT 1. Full payment must be received at least 28 days prior to check-in.
2. For bookings made inside 7 days prior to check-in, full payment is required at the time of booking, via credit card. 3. If deposit of final payment is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
4. Confirmation and invoices are subject to re-issue if incorrect through error or omission, and the guest accepts the liability to then pay the correct cost or device to retain the reservation with full refund.
1. Standard payments accepted include credit cards (Visa or Mastercard), Australian personal cheque or bank cheque, or electronic funds transfer. Please note, credit card payments will show on your statement as ‘Reality Unlimited’.
2. Cheques may be made out to ‘Reality Unlimited’ and should be posted to: 570 Kareela Road, Penrose, NSW, 2579.
3. Bank details are as follows: BSB 082 494, ACC 862 353 889, account name Reality Unlimited Pty Ltd. CANCELLATION TERMS AND CHARGES
1. Cancellation more than 28 days prior to arrival incurs a loss of the full deposit paid.
2. Cancellation 28 days or less prior to arrival date is subject to a 100% cancellation fee on the entire package. 3. Bookings held over in credit will be completely at the discretion of the property managers. Administration fees may apply.
4. No-shows or cancellations after check-in will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee, however if, after arrival, guests are dissatisfied with any aspect of their accommodation and decide to terminate their stay, the amount to be refunded (if any) is at the discretion of the property managers. 5. Refund processing may take up to 10 business days.
From Sydney (shortest route) 90 min. On Hume Highway direct to Wingello turnoff which is 11.5kms from Twin Shell Service Stations/McDonalds at Sally’s Corner Overpass. Turn left at sign “Wingello 7kms, Bundanoon”. At Wingello DO NOT cross railway line, but turn left just before crossing into Sydney Street. Victoria Street is approximately 4kms on your left.
From Sydney (scenic route via Bowral) 2 hours. Hume Highway to Bowral freeway exit – follow signs to Bundanoon. Through Bundanoon village see sign “Penrose 10kms”. At Penrose travel 1km through village, take rail overpass on right, then turn immediately left. Victoria Street is approximately 1.2kms on your right. From Canberra 90min. Hume Highway to Wingello turnoff (sign says “Wingello/Bundanoon”) which is 11.5 kms from Marulan Truck Weigh Station. Turn right – 7kms to Wingello. DO NOT cross railway line, but turn left
before crossing into Sydney Street. Victoria Street is approximately 4kms on your left.